Posted on 2016-07-20 13:58:31
1 Know when to wash. People often make the mistake of thinking that they need to wash their hair everyday, but washing hair too often can actually dry hair out, or weigh it down with product. For most people, washing your hair twice a week is adequate.
- The longer, thicker, curlier, and more processed your hair, the longer it can go between washes.
- If your hair gets oily very quickly and you must wash everyday, use a lightweight or "everyday" shampoo, as these contain milder detergents than others
Always use a good conditioner after you shampoo. Conditioner will provide moisture for your hair, while making it softer and more manageable. It will also make your hair easier to brush out after the shower, thus causing less damage. Only apply conditioner to the ends and mid-lengths of your hair, otherwise your hair will look greasy.
- Use a leave-in conditioner at least once a week. Leave-in conditioners penetrate deep into your hair cuticles to heal them more completely.
- Try using a leave-in conditioner spray after you shower. The spray will make your hair more pliable and easier to detangle.
- Every so often, try using a deep conditioning treatment. You can use deep conditioning treatments like olive oil, argan oil, avocado oil or coconut oil.
Use a comb.
4 Don't towel dry hair. As hair is more fragile when wet, roughly towel drying hair can cause damage. Rubbing wet hair with a towel can rough up the cuticle (outer layer of the hair), causing more breakage and leading to frizzy or fluffy hair.
Wet hair is more susceptible to damage than dry hair, it is more elastic and more likely to break. Since hair is most fragile when it's wet, you shouldn't rip a brush through it after washing. Instead, you should spray some detangler on it, and then use a wide-tooth comb to remove tangles and minimize breakage.
- Remember to start from the ends up, not from the roots down.
- Once hair is dry, avoid unnecessary brushing, combing or handling.
- Using your fingers to comb through your hair while wet can cause damage and hair loss. Make sure to wait until after your shower to comb out any tangles.
- Instead of rubbing, trying blotting your hair with a towel to remove excess moisture.
- Invest in a super absorbent towel that you can wrap around hair after washing.
All Content 2017 © DyHair777 Blog